- Mendi Baron LCSWFounder/CEOMendi is a passionate advocate for teens and young adults in the fields of mental health and addiction. Baron creates programs to bring a unique approach to the treatment of adolescents and young adults who are struggling with a variety of emotional and behavioral disorders and substance abuse issues. Clinically trained, Baron earned a BA with honors in psychology and social work at the University of Maryland and an MSW at the University of Maryland School of Social Work. His extensive experience as a therapist includes individual and group counseling for children, adolescents, and families in various settings.
Gaining insight and experience, he has worked at several treatment centers including the Chesapeake Center for Youth Development, the Carroll County Youth Services Bureau, Chabad Crisis Centers, and the Center for Discovery and Adolescent Change. Before launching Ignite Teen Treatment, Mendi conceived and built, from the ground up, multiple successful, high end adolescent residential and outpatient programs in Los Angeles. Mendi has appeared on the Dr. Phil show, is regularly featured in mental health and addiction publications, and speaks around the country in person and on Tv/Radio on these topics.
With his newest ventures, Mendi instills a rare blend of energy, creativity, and experience to the treatment of teens, young adults, and their families struggling with addiction and mental health issues. The son of a Rabbi, eldest of 11 children, is a part-time rock musician, boxer, cantor, and father of four.
- Gryphon WardFounder/COOGryphon brings impeccable education and experience to Ignite Teen Treatment. He holds a BA in Criminal Justice from the University of Delaware and an MA in Corporate Communication from Duquesne University. He has worked as a DUI evaluator for the state of Delaware, assigning offenders to appropriate outpatient alcohol education classes; a volunteer for the Family Court Juvenile Justice Division, keeping non-violent first time juvenile offenders out of the system; a STEM teacher to at-risk youth at the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, and a facility manager and then a counselor education liaison for Center for Discovery in Los Angeles.
Together with Mendi Baron, Gryphon built successful, high end adolescent residential and outpatient programs in Los Angeles. His commitment to helping struggling teens make lifelong positive choices is unwavering. This New Jersey native is an amusement park enthusiast who still holds a season pass to Six Flags.
- Alan J. BondChief Financial OfficerAlan has developed a unique financial management perspective through leadership positions in the corporate, consulting, and financial market worlds, including a financial management position at a major Health Maintenance Organization, where he also served as their representative in a national industry group in Washington, D.C. He has specialized in creating and developing sophisticated financial management processes and systems in diverse corporate environments, as well as leading financing efforts for corporations throughout his career. Most recently, Alan was the Chief Financial Officer at Avalon by the Sea, a high-end adult treatment center and held a similar position at Evolve Treatment Centers, a large adolescent behavioral health-care treatment corporation.
Alan holds an A.B. degree with Honors in Economics from the School of Arts & Sciences at Cornell University, where he became a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, as well as an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
- Robert Rhinehart IIIExecutive Director of OperationsRobert Rhinehart brings with him an array of practical and insightful knowledge and expertise with 14+ years of experience with children and adolescents in education, mental health and substance abuse. Prior to Ignite Rob served as Regional Director of Operations and Group Home Administrator for 3 residential group homes and 2 IOP/PHP facilities in the Greater Los Angeles Area. As Regional Director, he was tasked with program implementation and development, training of personnel, and oversight of those facilities.
Robert’s experience spans from being a childcare counselor for severely abused, neglected children in a group home setting, to being an aide and then behavior specialist at special needs/non-public schools, and Dual Diagnosis Counselor in residential treatment for teens.
Robert pulls from these experiences as well as his own journey to promote different perspectives, interests and coping skills for youth to battle difficulties. Robert believes in lifelong learning, constant refinement; and applies this through reading, exercise, adopting healthier habits and “lifestyle” challenges.
- Alexandra ReynoldsDirector of AdmissionsAlex is the critical and all-important link between the public and Eden. She guides clients and their families through the admissions process from the initial call to walking into the facility. She provides compassion, understanding, information, and overall emotional support to those in need.
Alex has worked in the mental health field, specifically eating disorders, for more than five years. She has served as resident advisor, house manager, program director, administrator, and relational ambassador at the residential treatment level.
Alex received her bachelor of arts degree in psychology from the California State University, Channel Islands.
- Sasha DeCania, LMFTExecutive Clinical DirectorSasha DeCania is a long time resident of Southern Nevada with deep roots in the Las Vegas community. She feels fortunate that along with her spouse of nearly 2 decades, she is able to raise her 4 children in such a strong and diverse community.
Sasha is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with a Masters of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy. She has an unwavering commitment to providing quality care to clients and has practiced in the field of mental health since 2002. Along with this commitment, Sasha has substantial experience working with families and children with mental health, trauma, and substance abuse concerns.
Sasha has extensive training in mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy and has enjoyed developing programs for several agencies and companies in the Las Vegas valley such as Community Counseling Center, Family and Child Treatment and Destinations for Teens, where she was awarded Clinician of The Year in 2017.
In 2018 Sasha received the Women of Distinction Award in Medical and Healthcare Services for Las Vegas, NV from The National Association of Women Business Owners. Sasha is a Clinical Member of The American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy. She is also an Approved Supervisor for Marriage and Family Therapists and Certified Professional Counselor Interns in the State of Nevada.
For 6 years Sasha was an adjunct faculty member for UNLV's Department of Women’s Studies and was a guest lecturer for the UNLV's Department of Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Dr. Timothy Jeider, MDMedical DirectorTimothy Jeider, MD is a double boarded psychiatrist with specialized training in child and adolescent psychiatry. Dr. Jeider graduated from Loma Linda University School of Medicine in Loma Linda California, and then went on to General Psychiatry Residency at LSU in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. From there, he relocated to Las Vegas, where he completed his Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at UNLV.
During his time at UNLV, he served as the Fellowship’s Chief Fellow. Since completing his training, he has been serving the Las Vegas community in a number of roles. His direct patient care roles include caring for pediatric populations at residential treatment homes, a partial hospitalization program, and intensive outpatient care program. Additionally, he cares for pediatric and adult patients in general outpatient psychiatric clinic. His volunteer hours are spent as a member of the Clark County Children’s Mental Health Consortium.
- Doree DowDirector Of Nursing
- Megan Coenen, LPNAssistant Director of NursingMegan collaborates with the Clinical Team to develop and maintain the client’s treatment plan. She participates in center organizational planning, goal setting, standard development, and interpretation to the nursing staff.
Prior to joining Eden, Megan worked as the teen treatment - assistant director of nursing at Ignite Teen Treatment. She was the nurse manager at Nevada Pediatric Specialists and a charge nurse at Care Meridian 4 Kids.
Megan received her Associates of Practical Nursing from Brightwood College and is a member of the Nevada Nurses Association (NNA).
- Ashley CoroDirector of Human Resources
- Ashley Rizzo, MMFine Arts Program Director
- John MorabitoMusic Program SpecialistJohn Morabito has a deep passion for allowing our clients to experience healing through music. He has been building recording studios inside of treatment centers for teens since 2006. He built 5 studios in Los Angeles area and built two studio here at Ignite. Adolescents find solace in music. It is something that they look forward to every week.
Whether it’s listening to music in a safe environment or singing, rapping or just jotting feelings down on paper, music touches the soul like nothing else can. John’s relationship with our clients extends far past the therapeutic musical interactions, and into the core of who they are. His work inspires our kids to not just succeed but to want to succeed. To see a better future for themselves, and actualize their dreams in the setting of a real studio.
Project website: www.studio534.net
- Andrea Call, LCSWProgram Director Bahama Bay
- Daphinee Austin, CPC-IProgram Director Romo Court
- Dedrick StewartOperations Manager
- Stefani McCueClinical Coordinator
- Jennifer Trevino, RDN, LD, CPTHealth And Nutrition SpecialistJennifer is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist who received a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition Sciences from UNLV as well as a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology from UNR. She is a Certified Personal Trainer and Pilates Instructor that has worked with populations of all ages and fitness levels for over 10 years. Jennifer strongly believes in the power of individualized nutrition and fitness regimes to learn how the science of the body works and how optimal eating can have a dramatic affect on body fat, lean muscle mass, hormonal balance, athletic performance, depression, and disease prevention.
- Rabbi Hayes, MEd.Chaplain
- Dr. Kevin Reyes, DOPsychiatrist
- Rabbi Levi and Mrs. Nechama HarligJewish Family ServicesRabbi Levi And Mrs. Nechama Harlig are part of Chabad of Southern Nevada and provide supportive spiritual and educational services for the clients in the Ignite Jewish Rehab Track. In addition to our fully kosher facility, the Harlig family provides education, guidance, family support, Shabbat goodies, a local synagogue, and general Jewish warmth for our clients.
- Fred WestResidential Manager Lone Mesa
- Myra NunezResidential Manager Bahama Bay
- Anita Horvath, MFT-ITherapist
- Carisa Marinucci, MFT-ITherapist
- Roxann Garcia, CNA, Med TechNurse
- Aaron JavinarNurse
- Aziza GainesLead Mentor
- Carl HorselyLead Mentor
- Erica ParoLead Mentor
- Anthony LeavittMentor
- Thomas CagleMaintenance
- OliverEmotional Support Dog
- Devon Romo CADC-II, ICADCBusiness Development, Marketing and OutreachIn Loving Memory